This is a very effective treatment that uses Direct Needle Therapy (DNT) to revitalize the skin by accelerating its elastin production through a natural healing process, which noticeably reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and makes the skin appear brighter and smoother. Skin needling is also effective to repair stretch marks and surgical scars.
DNT involves the use of ultrafine, medical grade needles that are vertically passed through the skin, to create multiple skin punctures. This kick starts the body’s natural wound healing process – which fuels the growth of new elastin, and also improve healing of acne scars by breaking down existing scar tissue. This will also improve the overall skin texture.
Compared to traditional skin needling rollers, the dermal pen needles available today are safer and better at skin-piercing, and much more effective when it comes to stimulating elastin production - through the direct delivery of active ingredients to the skin’s deeper layers.
The multi-speed function in dermal pen needling enables piercing of the skin’s layers at 90 degrees, and improves the absorption of the products, even in hard to reach areas (i.e. around the eyes, nose and lips), thereby increasing the efficacy of the treatment. Vertical delivery enables penetration of scar tissue.
Moreover, this technique also minimizes pain and patient downtime required post procedure. Dermal pen needling also helps scar free healing and the body’s natural growth, just like fractional laser treatments, laser resurfacing and chemical peels. But it does this without the associated side effects and downtime required.
Scope of Treatment:
- Skin tightening, natural induction, lifting and reinvigoration
- Healing of acne scars and wound healing
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Reducing occurrence of open pores
- Minimizing stretch marks
- Treatment of alopecia
- Aiding penetration of solutions
Skin needling versus laser rejuvenation
Skin needling and laser rejuvenation both help to enhance skin firmness and texture, albeit in completely different ways. However, unlike laser rejuvenation, skin needling offers the following benefits:
- It doesn’t entail removing any skin tissue, and therefore, can be safely performed on any skin type (white to dark)
- It’s ideal for sensitive, thin skinned parts like the neck and chest.
- Requires low downtime
- Is way more cost effective as compared to lasering.
We’d love for you to come by our clinic and share with us your specific issues, and we’d be delighted to be of help. Listening to our clients is a skill we pride ourselves in. After getting a clearer picture of what you’re looking at and gauging your skin’s requirements, we will come up with personalized recommendations that are best suited for you. What’s more, the consultation fee at Chelsea cosmetics is redeemable for any cosmetic procedure that you choose to undergo.
You could also get in touch with us at (03) 88223472. We work from 9am to 5pm Tuesday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm Saturday. You could also just scroll to the menu at the top and hit on the “Contact Us” section. We will revert to your queries.
Why Choose Chelsea Cosmetics?
Most Advanced Technologies
We always look for the most advanced technology all over the world and we pioneered Stem cells/ fat transplant, Skin Mesotherapy gun and Plasma pen fibroblast treatment.
Dr Mark Attalla has a 20 years of surgical experience in cosmetic surgery. All the patients are examined well for their suitability for surgeries and all the required tests are done before surgery.
We also pride ourselves with keeping up to date with the ever changing cosmetic industry. Continuous learning is the only way we can provide the latest and most effective procedures.
How it Works
The tiny incision wounds on the skin help trigger our body’s natural healing mechanism and stimulate the production of new elastin – which is the aim of any skin rejuvenation treatment. Once this starts, this process can go on for as long as one to two years, impact a visible refinement in skin texture and firmness, and a reduction of scars and fine lines.
What does all needling entail?
- Pre – treatment care: A healthy and nourished skin will be more receptive to the treatment. This is why it is essential to supplement our skin’s nutrition with products that contain a high concentration of Vitamins A and C. Both of these spur production of reverse sun damage. Oral supplements are not as effective to achieve the desired levels of Vitamins A and C, and hence, we recommend that you use skin care products for an even skin tone, or even a brightening serum for at least 2 weeks before the treatment. This will greatly improve results.
- During the treatment, micro-fine needles will be passed over the skin multiple times, so that there is a uniform distribution of micro surface injuries. Depending on the thickness of the skin, the condition and the area to be treated, needles with varying lengths will be selected.At Chelsea Cosmetics, we use numbing cream to limit the pain associated with skin needling. In case you have a history of allergies or any other issues with topical numbing creams, you should inform your technician accordingly.
- Post treatment, your skin might look like it’s sunburned or windburned – red and swollen. A mild graze comprising of tiny, rough crusty skin with a tanned look, could also appear. Your skin could seem tight and dry. As your skin heals, there could be some flaking and peeling, and so, you should keep the skin well moisturized during this time, with the prescribed moisturizer. Avoid makeup for 12 hours after the procedure.
Most Popular FAQs
It typically takes between 4 – 6 treatments to attain a significant enhancing of skin texture and firmness. In the case of scarring, it would need 8 or more treatments. These treatments are generally spaced at intervals of 4 – 6 weeks, and this frequency will be suggested by your technician. Results start to show over time. Most of our clients start to notice improvements within 6-8 weeks of their treatment. The treatment will ultimately become permanent over a period of time. However, for any substantial impact, it takes time. But this can be improved with good home care and a healthy lifestyle.
Almost any area of the body is suitable for this process.
Skin needling suits most people – notwithstanding their skin type or colour and can be done on almost all areas of the body. It is great for fine lines, dull skin, sun damaged or ageing skin, open or enlarged pores, scars caused by acne, chicken pox or surgery (over 12 months old). It is also helpful to tighten and smoothen the skin on the face, hands, neck and chest.
However, it is not suitable for you, if you:
- Have been on Roaccutane in the last 6 months
- Have active acne / open wounds / infection / psoriasis / dermatitis or have used permanent fillers in the area to be treated
- Have used permanent fillers in the part to be treated
- Are uncontrolled, in which case we would need doctor to write a written consent
- Are pregnant / breast feeding
- Are prone to keloid scars or exhibit abnormal wound healing
Also, in case you are currently under a prescription of Retinoic Acid, or have had nurofen / aspirin in the last 48 hours, it is advisable to take due precautions. If you are a smoker, your body’s capacity to make new injections will be reduced, and healing might get delayed. And in the event of you having had injectable fillers 2 weeks prior to this treatment, then you must inform your doctor immediately.
You could observe different levels of redness, swelling, crusting, weeping, bruising, flaking and oozing while you recover. Depending on how long the treatment goes on till, some amount of downtime away from social and work commitments might be required. Also, like other treatments that involve making skin incisions, there is a small chance of infection, pigment changes and scarring.