If you have a scar that causes you discomfort in your appearance or a lack of confidence, Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne can help.
Your scarring was likely caused during the healing of some previously injured skin, often via a wound or surgery. Scars come in different sizes, but also varying types, some of which can be suitable for scar removal treatment including:
- Dark or Light Scars: Caused by an injury with a depth that extends into the dermis. If formed seven to ten days after wound, a light or dark scar can form.
- Raised Scars: The abnormal healing of the skin often results in prominent scar tissue of either a Keloid Scar (outside of the border of the initial injury and Hypertrophic Scars (raised but to a lesser degree).
- Indented Scars: The most common scar type often as a result of acne and caused by a lesser amount of scar tissue forming, which does not match up with the surrounding skin.
Scar Removal Surgery
It should be noted that while the procedure is referred to as scar removal treatment, it is not possible to remove a scar altogether. There are, however, ways to improve the comfort and appearance of a scar which will make it far less noticeable and easier to conceal.
Scar removal has non-surgical and surgical options, or a combination of surgical and non-surgical techniques can also be used if required. The team at Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne will assess your scar(s) during a free consultation to decide which process will be best for your situation.
Scar Removal Melbourne
The following techniques are available at Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne to help with scar removal:
- Dermabrasion: A procedure removes the top layers of skin with a machine, almost like sanding. This process lessens the visibility of the scars after the skin surface heals.
- Laser resurfacing: A high-energy light laser is targeted at a certain skin depth, which removes scar tissue and is particularly effective on keloid scars or scars as a result of acne.
- Excision: This procedure involves a scar being cut out and repaired with stitches that will produce a thinner and less noticeable scar.
- Z-Plasty or W-Plasty: These two procedures re-align the scar tissue and are often used when a scar lies across a skin crease or in a situation that may involve burns.
- Skin graft or flap surgery: Of all the options, this is the most complex and is usually reserved for scarring over large areas of skin that may be restricted in their movement. The skin grafting procedure involves a piece of unaffected skin known as the donor site being placed on an area where scar tissue has been removed. More complex again is flap surgery, which involves the transfer of healthy skin with fat, blood vessels, and in some cases, muscle from the donor site to the required area.
Do your scars cause discomfort or unpleasant memories? Speak to Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne about lessening their impact.
Non-surgical treatment options
Not all scar treatment needs to be surgical, as there are topical steroid (cortisone) creams or the injection of a steroid (cortisone) that can help lessen the intensity of the scar.
In some cases, patients can have cryotherapy, which involves the surface of the scar being frozen with nitrogen. This causes the scar to blister and shrinks, making it far less noticeable. Chemical peels and soft tissue fillers such as collagen have also been used to lessen the severity of scarring.
Ask about Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne Scar Removal Treatment Today!
We understand that the presence of a scar can be uncomfortable, cause a lack of confidence, and at times, be a reminder of a painful situation. The staff at Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne have a primary goal of assisting all of our patients where possible to help achieve a body that they will feel comfortable with. Our extensive range of procedures are tailored to finding the best way to help you achieve your body goals.
Our experienced team is on hand to provide the necessary information, while answering any questions that you may have to ensure that the path forward is a positive one. Book a free consultation with us today, so we can assess your current situation and identify the best way to rectify any issues.
Your aesthetic goals are our priority, but we know this also works to ensure confidence and self-love in the results you desire. Our patients know that all recommendations made by our team are made in the best interest of the patients for their situation. Our reputation as high-quality supporters and carers is of the utmost importance to us.
We ensure that all of our patients feel comfortable in the hands of our experienced team, and know that we are all working together to achieve the same goal. Contact us today for your free consultation with Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne and let’s help you feel like your best self.
Why Choose Chelsea Cosmetics?
Most Advanced Technologies
We always look for the most advanced technology all over the world and we pioneered Stem cells/ fat transplant, Skin Mesotherapy gun and Plasma pen fibroblast treatment.
Dr Mark Attalla has a 20 years of surgical experience in cosmetic surgery. All the patients are examined well for their suitability for surgeries and all the required tests are done before surgery.
We also pride ourselves with keeping up to date with the ever changing cosmetic industry. Continuous learning is the only way we can provide the latest and most effective procedures.
Most Popular FAQs
Surgical scar revision may not be suitable for everyone, and it is best to speak with the team at Chelsea Cosmetics Melbourne during a free consultation so they can assess your situation and recommend the best course of action. We will work with you to ensure you have all of the necessary information before making a decision while assessing your general health to find which treatment will be best suited to you.
With any surgical procedure, it is best if patients are physically healthy and have realistic expectations about the potential outcomes of the treatment. If you have a scar that is causing pain and discomfort or limiting your movement and mobility, then scar removal may be a good option for you.
We also use these methods to help people who are self-conscious about the appearance of their scars. It is also important that you are a non-smoker or stop smoking prior to any surgery.
This will depend upon the procedure that is required. A general or local anaesthesia may be necessary; however, it is vital to note that modern anaesthesia is very safe but does bring with it an element of risk. If this is required, our team will provide all of the necessary information.